Hyperbaric medicine, also known as hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), is the medical use of oxygen at a level higher than atmospheric pressure. (article - Wikipedia)

How do you feel and think about HBOT?  Your experiences.  Pros, cons, other.

Is the cost of HBOT worth it?  How long did it take to see any results at all?  Did you try HBOT (for a fee) and find it did not work at all?  What are the actual benefits to HBOT?

Views: 138

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't tried HBOT, but my neurologist tested me for sleep apnea.  You can get oxygen while you sleep if you have sleep apnea.  I had some breathing problems, but it turned out to be due to an inner ear infection.  I hit my head on the R side and had a lot of ear issues (vertigo and fluid build up).  After I got the fluid out of my ear with an EarDoc device (see Youtube) the breathing problems went away. 

I went on Amantadine for concentration/memory problems and this seems to be working well. My neurologist said that I can stay on it for the rest of my life if I need to.

RSS

Latest Activity

Ashley Chapa-Tribble updated their profile
Apr 22
Amy posted a status
"I am a TBI survivor who strives every day and makes the best out of life. I am happy to be alive."
Apr 22
Profile IconBetty Portalatin and Ashley Chapa-Tribble joined TBINetwork
Apr 21
john posted a photo

a REAL survivor, many years later

My idea about TBI Awareness
Apr 13
aly704 left a comment for john
"Hi John, of course I remember you! How are you doing? I'm having some health issues, but I am ok. I hope you are doing well."
Apr 7
aly704 and john are now friends
Apr 7
john left a comment for Shane M Boda
"Hi Shane, welcome to this Loyal Order of the Busted Heads"
Apr 2
Shane M Boda shared a profile on Facebook
Mar 29

© 2017   Created by TBI Survivors Network.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service